Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Small Tornado Hits Clever on 9/6/2007

Well, well, well...Christian County's "tornado alley" has once again proven itself. Clever was hit by a small F0 tornado on Thursday morning (9/6/2007) at around 5:20 a.m. This is the third tornado to hit Clever in five years. They were also hit May 4, 2003 and March 12, 2006.

According to KY3, the National Weather Service reports it tracked about a half mile and was about 50 yards wide. People's Bank took a hit, and it took off part of the roof and spread insulation around the property.

Undetected/unwarned tornadoes scare the bejeepers out of me. As a spotter/chaser, I want to feel like I am in control of the situation, and know when things are coming, etc. Being caught off guard really bothers me. I don't know if it is a pride thing or what. Christian County has had at least 3 tornadoes this year, and every one of them were situations that developed quickly, without hours of prep and planning. Ouch.

No comments: