Sunday, May 24, 2009

Storm Spotting Education.


First of all I would like to thank Jeff for asking me to contribute to the site. I have been a routine visitor for some time now and I hope to provide some interesting posts that will not only inform and entertain but educate as well.

I would like to inform readers of a great online weather training class. The class is now a requirement for all spotter network members. For those of you that are not familiar with Spotter Network I will give you a quick description. Spotternetwork is a web based application that utilizes gps and alternate feeds to report severe weather to local skywarn spotter networks and the NWS. Checkout Spotternetwork.org here.

The training class is web based and is open to anyone that wants to educate themselves about all types of weather activity. The class goes into just enough detail that it will not bore or intimidate the amateur weather enthusiasts. The class is loaded with photos, animations and videos to help educate the student. I would suggest the class to all spotters and weather enthusiasts.

The weather training class is hosted at NSR Online Weather Training
. Check it out! You can never have enough training!

Tim - KD0DJQ
Stormwx.net

No comments: