Wednesday, March 26, 2008

March 18, 2008 SW MO Flooding Followup

Images have been flying around the Springfield emails in the last 24 hours with great aerial footage of the flooding in the Greene and Christian county area. The website where these are posted lists Josh Martin as the photographer, and the date of pics were from one day after my photos, on Wednesday March 19th, at around 2pm Central time.

Based on the timing of these pics, the water had receded from the day before when I grabbed pics and video.

This image below from the US 160 and AA highway area just south of the Christian/Greene is from the same area as my photos here and here and here.


The images below correspond to my photos here and here.


2 comments:

Josh Martin said...

I'm the one that took those pictures. I was wondering how much, if any, the water had receded when I took them, so it was interesting to see your pics with the descriptions of where the water was the day before. It was an unbelievable sight from the air that day!

JMo said...

Josh, would you mind shooting me an email so I can contact you?

stormspot@gmail.com

Thanks for posting. That was FAST. I did try to track you down before posting this, your pics have been floating around Springfield like mad for the last 24 hours. No pun intended. Well, maybe a little.

--JMo